Home Page | Current members – add a dog
1. Please submit a PDF or JPG, providing clear vaccination records from a licensed veterinarian on her/his letterhead, showing proof of current Distemper/Parvo, Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations. The MHDRA does require the Bordetella inoculation, either by injection or intranasal administration. Please upload the certificate of vaccination from your veterinarian with all relevant information.
NOTE: If Titers were used to assess immune response, we do require a copy of the Titer results for our records. A Titers Test may be given in lieu of the Distemper/Parvo -- but never acceptable for rabies (by state law).
On the health documentation, a vet's notation might refer to "Parvovirus Antibody level." The MHDRA requests more information; we need the test results as a ratio such as Titers 1.5. or Titers 1:5, or 1:4.
2. Upload a photocopy of your dog’s (dogs’) New York City / other locality license as a PDF or JPG. If you do not have a dog license - you can obtain one HERE
3. The annual dues payment are the same for additional dogs as current members - $60.00 per additional dog. All major credit cards are accepted. Seniors (62 or older) may pay $30.00 per additional dog. If your application for an additional dog is not accepted, your payment will be refunded.
NOTE: The membership year is the same - January 1 through December 31. If you are adding a dog late in the year, dues are not prorated.
Requirements for Anyone Bringing Your Dog to the Run
Even though your dog may be a member, no one may bring your dog into the run unless you have submitted and signed the Dog Walker’s Release Form. Every person bringing in your dog must have attended an orientation given by a board member. If you add or change a walker during the year this is necessary. You will be taken through those steps at the end of the renewal application and must complete it before submitting.
Please Review the Code of Conduct
Please re-read these rules again. All members are not just expected to know them--but comply with them. The Code of Conduct and the governing By-Laws may be read on the website. If there are further questions, please contact us HERE
When your application is complete and approved by the Board, you will be contacted to schedule an Orientation. Depending upon demand and time of year, this may take several weeks. We are a volunteer organization, and sincerely try to do our best.
We look forward to welcoming you to our wonderful, clean, safe, and fun space!
Website terms and conditions
Please make sure that you read and agree to our website Terms and Conditions found HERE.
If you choose Snail Mail - Check you will need to send a check to
Mercer-Houston Dog Run
217 Thompson Street, P.O. Box #178
New York, NY. 10012
I hereby fully and completely release and discharge the Mercer-Houston Dog Run Association, Inc., and any officer, employee, agent, or representative thereof, for any liability or injury or damages to my person or property or injury resulting in death while upon the dog run or any other facilities of the Mercer-Houston Dog Run Association, Inc., whether caused by negligence or otherwise, and agree that neither I nor my heirs, executors, administrators, or assigns will ever institute suit or action at law or equity for any such relief.
I further agree to release the Association against any and all losses, including but not limited to judgments, settlements, or claims, expenses, and attorney’s fees, resulting from any claims, proceedings, or lawsuits, by any member of my family or any person accompanying me to the dog run or any person caring for my dog(s).
I further agree to release the Association against any and all losses, including but not limited to judgments, settlements of claims, expenses, and attorney’s fees, resulting from any claims, proceedings, lawsuits, or government enforcements or prosecution, arising out of my acts or any acts of any person or dog accompanying me to the dog run, or the acts of any person or dog to whom I permit access to the dog run.
By submitting the names below, I state:
1. that I have read and agreed to the Release Agreement above;
2) that I have read the Rules of the Run and the Bylaws of the Association, and agree to abide by said Rules and Bylaws; and
3) that I will not bring anyone under the age of 12 into the run.
If you have a question about the website, your new member application or renewal application - please email:
All other questions - please use the contact form on this page or email:
©MHDRA, Inc. All rights reserved. All other uses are prohibited.